Re: [hylafax-users] QualifyCID -and- (HylaFAX Version 4.1)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Campbell McKilligan" <cowboycam@2die4.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2002 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] QualifyCID -and- (HylaFAX Version
4.1)

> I looked at the answering code in faxGetty again to see why a
fax might
> be received if CID is rejected in your version.  CID Rejection
> essentially short circuits any form of answering - sends an
ath0 to the
> modem and drops DTR just to be absolutely sure that the call
isn't
> answered.

For some reason the above wasn't happening.  However, after i
changed the pattern in etc/cid to another pattern... then,
changed it back to the original pattern i had, it then started to
work again.

> As far as etc/cid is concerned, you don't need to restart
faxGetty with
> changes to the file.  If the etc/cid can't be found or read (ie
the
> perms are wrong) then all calls get rejected.

Agree'd=  (above)...
At this point I'm following your previous suggestion and have
changed
ServerTracing:          1    -to-    ServerTracing:          257;
i.e. 256 +1.  This will allow me to continue logging cid info
which is crucial to us.  I'll forward the resulting log to
you -and- the mail-list as soon as it accepts another fax
associated with a CID REJECTED call.

Thanks for your time and attention on this issue.  :-)