[hylafax-users] QualifyCID -and- (HylaFAX Version 4.1)

The bottom line is:
inserting             !^<pattern>$ <-- as the first line in
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/cid -- eg. ^8005551212$
also inserting      ^.*$  <-- as the last line in
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/cid

The <pattern> shown in the first line is being accepted by
hylafax1 when it should be 'CID REJECTED.'

Looking at this from another angle, should I only place the
following:
^<pattern>$ <-- as the first line in
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/cid -- eg. ^8005551212$
The above line will *not be accepted/answered by hylafax.

Lastly when I try inserting (as an only line in the etc/cid)-->
^$ <-- all incoming calls are accepted.  It seems to me
QualifyCID is not working properly.  Its my understanding that ^$
means a null or empty string.  The CID info is in-fact available
(showing in my server log)  What I think may be happening is; the
patterns placed in etc/cid (in this instance) are being matched
against the TSI info  --and not--  CID info

With my per-modem config files set to ...
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         15
serverlogs do in fact show CID name and number However; my
session logs will not show CID name and number information with
the setting shown above.  The session logs do show 'cid rejected'
when QualifyCID is defined but etc/cid is empty.

I don't need or use TSI screening.  I need and want to screen via
CID, providing we can figure what's going incorrectly here.

Thanks for your thoughts.