Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax on digi datfire cards

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 03:40:00PM +0100, John Martin wrote:
> We've just changed over to Hylafax after using a bespoke efax based
> system for fax to email.

Welcome aboard.

> Is it possible to route faxes depending on the number called and the CLI
> ? or can we route on number called on then force a perl script to route
> on the CLI?

With a little tweaking, you can route on both CNID and DID/DNIS -- if
the hardware will provide them.  My understanding is that the
Datafire's can be tweaked into both, though Lee and Yan will have
better answers.

> It would help loads if anyone could give me any tips, the documentation
> is rather vague on routing. I'll be using two Digi Datafire RAS 60 PE2
> cards and hopefully receiving about 100 simultaneous calls. Will Hylafax
> support this traffic?

100 simultaneous inbounds?  Yeah, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'd say use a good motherboard (I'm fond of the ASUS's, and
particularly the A7M, with a fast Athlon XP+ -- note: if you order one,
make sure to specify that it come with the *lastest* BIOS flash; older
ones won't boot the newer CPU's [I lost almost a week]), at least 256MB
of RAM and preferably half a gig, and UW2 SCSI.  harddriveoutlet.com
tends to have nice fast SCSI drives really cheap.  (36GB 80-pin IBM's
for $150).

I'd build it in a *real* case -- Texas Micro or PC Power rackmount,
with dual power supplies, extra fans -- preferably blowing right over
the Datafires (and put them in non-adjacent slots, if you can), and
plug each of the power supplies into a separate UPS.

Mirror your drives, put them in trays, and make sure you have a spare
power supply and a spare drive/tray on a shelf near the machine.

You *did* say you were serious about this, right?  ;-)

Cheers,
- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")