[hylafax-users] incoming fax tif files are 'stretched' to landscape

Hi,

I've just installed hylafax and have got the baisc system running. Looks
great but with one problem.

The tif files created with the incoming faxes are 'stretched' width-ways. It
looks like the the image has been pulled from a portrait size into a
landscape size.

The details of the tiff files bear this out.. for example:

Width: 1728 pixels
Height: 1114 pixels.

If I use something like the simple Kodak viewer supplied in Win2k, then it's
fine, but most viewers Office photo editor, slowview etc will fit it to the
defined size.

I've had a search through the archive and have found something similar a
while back but the solution was to fix "fax/tiff to ps" whereas I'm looking
at the tiff itself.

I'm using a USR 56K faxmodem, and I've tried it with a couple of different
sending faxes but it still occurs.

Thanks for any ideas.

Steve C