[hylafax-users] Questions on HylaFAX install on Mac OS X

Hi folks,

I inadvertantly screwed up my subscription, so my original post got
sent to the moderator...Sorry if there are duplicates.

I hope this topic hasn't been beaten to death already, but i have a few
questions about compiling and installing HylaFAX on OS X. I have
already looked at the instructions at
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/misc/installnotes.php#OSX

1.) Can I compile HylaFAX on OS X client or only OS X Server?

2.) As I understand, UFS is only required for installation/compiling. A
UFS read-write disk image should suffice. once compiled, HylaFAX should
be able to run on HFS+. Is that correct?

3.) The first few instructions in the install notes mention adding the
users uucp, bin, and fax, as well as the group uucp. what is the best
way to add these users? netinfo, system preferences, does it matter?
More specifically, I would love some specific instructions, b/c I don't
know exactly what info to fill in for these users. (Passwords, shells
-though I assume '/dev/null'-, home directories, GID and UId numbers,
etc.)

4.) Are there any other specifics i should know about? Any new changes
with OS X 10.2?

Thank you for your patience,

Tom