Re: [hylafax-users] Update on Problem with Distinctive Ring-- hacked faxgetty

> Folks--
>
> As I have indicated in previous messages, faxgetty does not seem to
> differentiate between my two rings that the modem returns, "RING A" and
> "RING B".  Thus both my lines are answered.
>
> I have noted, however, that the Caller ID information seems to be
> obtaining my RING information.  I.e. I will get a
>
> FaxGetty: ANSWER CID NAME "RING A" ...
> FaxGetty: ANSWER CID NAME "RING B" ...
[snip]

In order to get distinctive ring working for me, I hacked and recompiled
faxGettyApp.c++ to key off of cid.number.  This is an obvious and probably
completely buggy hack but at least it gets distinctive rings working for
me at the moment.

I am still mystified as to why the information as to the ring type is
getting into the cid variables.  I also have not spent enough time to
determine where the logic is for determining whether a ring string has
occurred or not.

Sunil