Re: [hylafax-users] Modem not hanging up at end of call

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:26:39 -0400, "Paul Kraus" <pkraus@pelsupply.com>
wrote:

>I am testing the faxgetty and seeing if the modem will pickup however it
>is not hanging up the modem after I hang up the phone. I have to unplug
>the phone line. Also as soon as I plug it back in it is once again off
>hook.
Can you post a session log after which you got the problem?

>When I make changes to inittab how do I have them take effect with out
>rebooting?
It depends on the os, on linux
# init q

>I am using the following inittab lines

>#Fax Init
>f1:23:respawn:\usr\sbin\faxgetty modem
>f1:23:respawn:\usr\sbin\faxgetty modem1
>f1:23:respawn:\usr\sbin\faxgetty modem2
>f1:23:respawn:\usr\sbin\faxgetty modem3
You should not use the same id (f1) for multiple entries;
you want / and not \
also, you are using symlin names in place of real device names, so make sure
that all programs usind the devices agree on this (if minicom uses ttyS0 and
hylafax uses "modem", then you'll have problems).

--
giulioo@pobox.com