From: Sunil William Savkar [mailto:savkar@inthespace.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 1:36 AM
To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Subject: [hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready

Hi.

Although hylafax appears to be working fine on my machine, whenever it is
waiting for some action, faxstat produces the following:

Modem ttySHCF0 (+1.718.852.6889): Waiting for modem to come ready

Is this all right?  I find it a bit strange.  In fact, there are a few times
during transmission that a fax may fail due to "no dial tone" but after a few
times finally go through.

I am currently using a Conexant HCF modem which amazingly appears to be
working even though it is a linmodem.

Best regards.

Sunil

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions