Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax newbie Can it run on e-smith or clark connect

jjbrisbane said:

> sorry for the stupidist of mundane questions but can i run hylafax on the
> same computer as clark connect or e-smith because i am looking at
> have a old
> pentium 3 as a firewall/gateway/fax/mail server/web server or is there a
> better package that has all of those in one????
> thanks

From the perspective of a guy who runs a fax server, this has no problems.
My fax server has a variety of services running on it.
However, from the perspective of a guy who also is responsible for the
security of my network, you **never** run ancillary services on a gateway
machine. The whole point of a gateway machine is that it acts as a _gateway_
to the machines that have services. Running all of those services on a
gateway just begs for a compromise. That's a rant for a different mailing
list.

my 2 cents, keep the change.

Josh