Re: [hylafax-users] Job ID Vs. Filename

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Lonny Selinger wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to identify a file name being
> faxed and associate it with the actual fax job ID. The situation I have is:
> I've written some code to parse a file which creates multiple faxes and
> sends them. The issue is, if a fax ever fails I can only identify it by
> JobID rather than the actual name of the file being faxed. I've tried
> specifying the -i option to sendfax but this did not have the desired
> results (unless it records the file name elsewhere and I just haven't found
> it yet.

Using -i will pass that value to the notify script which you need to
enable.

We capture the ID when we send the fax, using sendfax it reports the fax
id back to STDOUT, we capture that and stuff it into a DBM file along with
the name so we can reference it later.  After the status comes back we use
the DBM file to translate it back to the name and then delete the entry
from the DBM file.

--
David A. Smith      dasb@raytheon.com
727-302-3202        fax 727-302-3408