Re: [hylafax-users] CAUGHT SIGNAL 11...

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Right now I am working around it with the following snippet:

[cheezy perl script]
#!/bin/sh
echo DEFANGED.1
exit
#!/bin/sh
echo DEFANGED.2111
exit
#!/usr/bin/perl

my $currentProcess;
my $faxRunning = 0;

while (1) {
	my @processList = `ps ax`;
	foreach $currentProcess (@processList) {
		if ($currentProcess =~ /hfaxd/) {
			$faxRunning = 1;
		}
	}
	if ($faxRunning != 1) {
		print "Hylafax died... restarting hylafax" . "\n";
		`/etc/init.d/hylafax stop`;
		`/etc/init.d/hylafax start`;
		`sleep 60`;
		`/usr/local/sbin/faxmodem modem`;
	} else {
		print "Hylafax appeared to be running... sleeping." . "\n";
		`sleep 1`;
	}
	$faxRunning = 0;
}
[/cheezy perl script]

As you can see, this is somewhat... erm... sub-optimal (yes, I know...
it's not even good Perl:)).

Anyway, is there anything that can be done about the stability problem
short of watchdog scripts like these?

Thanks,
Jess