Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax problems - from scratch

On 2002.08.13 10:40 Praedor Tempus wrote:

> My printer is stalled out and I have to kill the printjob manually.

I'm sorry.

> Why
> is
> it that they system "can not lock modem device"?  Does it really need to?

It's not trying to lock the modem.  It's letting you know that it couldn't
if it wanted to - in this case because faxsend is using it.

>  Is
> there a way to jig around this?

This isn't the problem.

> I want/need to send a fax regardless of
> whether the system wants to lock the modem.

faxsend locks the modem, not faxgetty, and it is locking the modem just
fine.

how about looking at the session log? /var/spool/hylafax/log/c*

how about starting at a point *without* involving GUI apps...

`echo hello | sendfax -d some_number`