[hylafax-users] Stupid serial port problem

Hello all,

	I've got to have the worst luck in getting serial ports working
of anyone in the whole world.  I've got hylafax up and running on
/dev/ttyS0 and everything works nicely.  Now, I want to add another
modem, at /dev/ttyS1.  I hook up the cable, run setserial with the right
parameters, and minicom works....

But it's talking to the modem on /dev/ttyS0!  Yes, I can access the
modem on /dev/ttyS0 by opening /dev/ttyS1.  In fact, I can even use
/ttyS2 and 3 to access the original modem.  No amount of swapping serial
cards has fixed this problem - it seems to be a software thing.
(setserial info at the bottom)

If I try to use both ttyS0 and ttyS1 at the same time (ie, start
faxgetty on both ports), hylafax reports that /dev/ttyS1 is wedged and
needs manual intervention.

I've rebooted and checked that the hardware is good: Telix, under DOS,
can access both modems perfectly.

setserial autoconfig and auto_irq don't seem to help at all.

Anyone have any clue as to what might be wrong?

Ross Vandegrift
ross@willow.seitz.com

cherry:~# setserial -a /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0, Line 0, UART: 16450, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
        Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
        closing_wait: 3000
        Flags: spd_normal skip_test

cherry:~# setserial -a /dev/ttyS1
/dev/ttyS1, Line 1, UART: 16450, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3
        Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
        closing_wait: 3000
        Flags: spd_normal skip_test

cherry:~# setserial -a /dev/ttyS2
/dev/ttyS2, Line 2, UART: unknown, Port: 0x03e8, IRQ: 4
        Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
        closing_wait: 3000
        Flags: spd_normal skip_test

cherry:~# setserial -a /dev/ttyS3
/dev/ttyS3, Line 3, UART: unknown, Port: 0x02e8, IRQ: 3