[hylafax-users] scrambled fax output

I'm using a Configuration for a Multi-Tech MT1432, MT224BA, and
MT1932ZDX modems (its an IBM Multitech Model 2834BL).

The other day when I first installed HylaFAX 4.1.2 I was sending faxes
no problem.

After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls, the recieving fax machine
scrambles several lines of different text files I'm sending to it via
both commandline using sendfax and from Cypheus client.    It pretty
much scrambles anything I throw at it.  Doesn't matter either if I'm
running HylaFAX 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 (both of which are missing deinstall
scripts I am sorry to say)

Several lines of the fax will be fine, then scrambled, then fine again.
 By scrambled I mean the text on a line may be compressed, or missing a
scan line, or the scan lines are totally messed up where the line is not
readable.

The fax machine works fine for other non-HylaFAX incoming faxes.

Question:  What part of my installation is responsible for doing this?
 Ghostscript?  Tiff ?   I doubt it's the modem since everything was good
the first time I installed HylaFAX.  Could it be the phone line on my end?

Thanks,
 Patrick Price