Re: [hylafax-users] Send 1 Fax, Then Can Never Receive

So, I decided to write a shell script to re-initialize the modem killing
faxgetty when appropiate (after sending a fax, in my case).
I am testing it right now. Hopefully it will not mess my HylaFAX server...

Meanwhile I'd like to know what you think...And especially if there is a
better solution to my problems (see my previous messages to this list).
The script takes the following actions:
1) checks for the status file of the serial line my modem is attached to
(ttyS1)
2) reads and verifies the content of the status file

3) if HylaFAX is not running or initializing, then the script checks for
the UUCP lock file
4) if the lock file is not present, then kills faxgetty

#!/bin/sh
#
# faxgetty-init
#              and intialize the modem if not in use
#
read status </var/spool/hylafax/status/ttyS1
if [ -n "$status" ]
then	# Status file exists and is not null
	if [ "$status" == "Running and idle" ] # Hylafax OK
	then
		exit 0
	elif [ "$status" == "Initializing server" ]  # Hylafax OK
	then
		exit 0
	else
		if [ -f "/var/lock/LCK..ttyS1" ] # Modem locked: do nothing
		then
			exit 0
		else # Modem not locked: kill faxgetty, it will respawn as per /etc/inittab
			/usr/bin/killall faxgetty
			exit 0
		fi
	fi