[hylafax-users] overlapping/cut lines in fax page.

Hello,

I'm new to HylaFAX.  I'm testing it for a small
educational-services nonprofit organization here in California.  I have a
problem with outgoing faxes and I don't know the cause.

I made a test document with text on every line.  I am sending the page from a
Cypheus client on Windows 2000.  Before sending, the viewed tiff image looks
correct.  The document, as received by a hardware fax machine, has
2 lines in the body of the text which are damaged to the point of
unreadability-- it appears as though top and bottom of the letters are
printed slightly on top of each other.  Faxing with WHFC to a different fax
machine displayed similar problems.

The Environment:  Send Only.   RedHat 7.3 default server installation, with
HylaFAX server 4.1.2 installed from hylafax.org binary RPM.  All dependencies
are at the recommended version or later.  Modem is a Hayes (Zoom) Accura
56K., Class 2, for modem configuration I took the offered defaults.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Matt Easton
Sublunar Networks