Re: [hylafax-users] MAPI ?

On 2002.07.26 10:37 anthonyd@rhsonline.net wrote:

> we are using byrequest, a program that takes pub files from a hp3k and
> spools them to documents to be overlayed w/ a invoice and then faxed from
> the fax server.  the makers of the program said they can write an
> interface to work w/ a fax server, as long as its mapi compliant.>

Ah, there's your bottleneck.

Well, I'd bet that if you really pushed hard you'd find that the makers of
byrequest can just as easily write a HAPI interface.  In any case, I
strongly doubt that this isn't something that could be done more
effectively without byrequest.

> not in a normal shell, but in the hylafax shell (telnet to localhost port
> 4559 and you get into the hylafax commands)>

It's not really a telnet daemon, but you could always try 'help' and see
what you get.  But I don't think there is such a command.