[hylafax-users] Rockwell Problems

Hi,

I'm having lots of trouble getting an internal ISA
Rockwell modem to work with Hylafax. Running faxaddmodem
gives me:

|Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.
|
|Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your modem eh?

|There was no response from the modem.  Perhaps the modem is
|turned off or the cable between the modem and host is not
|connected.  Please check the modem and hit a carriage return
|when you are ready to try again:

|The result of the AT+FCLASS=? command was:

|ATQ0V1E1
|OK

|We were unable to deduce what type of modem you have.  This means that
|it did not respond as a Class 1, Class 2, or Class 2.0 modem should.
|If you believe that your modem conforms to the Class 1, Class 2, or

[SNIP]

That's kinda weird because:

faxland# cu -l /dev/cuaa3
Connected.
AT&F
OK
AT+FCLASS=?
0,1,2
OK

Works just fine when _I_ do it by hand. Running probemodem gives me:

|(...)

|Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.

|Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your modem eh?
|[1]+  Terminated              ( trap 0 1 2 15; while true; do
|    sleep 10; echo ""; echo "Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your
modem eh?";
|done )

|There was no response from the modem.

However using cu -l cuaa3 (the communications port my modem is
connected to) i see 'RING' messages popup, when I call the modem.
Also when I do an 'ATDT number' and pick-up the phone, I hear the
handshaking going on. So the modem is not broken IMHO. I've tried
several configurations from the /configs/ directory, but with all
i'm getting 'Waiting for modem to get ready' (faxstat).

Am I overlooking something?

FWIW; Boxinfo - FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE, and HylaFAX Version 4.1

Regards,

Jurriaan de Boer