[hylafax-users] Hylafax-server won't use dialrules after Debian upgrade

Hello,

I have a send-only hylafax server set up, and I decided to upgrade that box
from Debian Potato to Woody. After upgrading, and quite a bit of fiddling
and frustration, I still cannot get the server to use the dialrules I set
up. It seems to be ignoring them completely, even though the same
config.ttyS2 and dialrules worked fine with the Potato version. I'm
attaching the config.ttyS2 and dialrules from the server.

I have not tried any ServerTracing or SessionTracing options in the config
files yet because I did not know what settings would give me the right
debugging output.

Any help would be appreciated!
Jason

# $Id: usr-2.0,v 1.7 2002/02/02 23:16:49 darren Exp $
#
# HylaFAX Facsimile Software
#
# Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
# Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
# HylaFAX is a trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
# its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
# that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission notice appear in
# all copies of the software and related documentation, and (ii) the names
of
# Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics may not be used in any advertising or
# publicity relating to the software without the specific, prior written
# permission of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
# EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
# WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR
# ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND,
# OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
# WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF
# LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE
# OF THIS SOFTWARE.
#

#
# Configuration for using the Class 2.0 command interface
# with a USR v.34 Courier or Sporster modem.
#
# RTS/CTS flow control is used default.
#
#
CountryCode:		1
AreaCode:		585
FAXNumber:		585.XXX.XXXX
LongDistancePrefix:	1
InternationalPrefix:	011
DialStringRules:	etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:		0x08501
SessionTracing:		0x08501
RecvFileMode:		0640
LogFileMode:		0640
DeviceMode:		0660
RingsBeforeAnswer:	1
SpeakerVolume:		high
GettyArgs:		"-r -b %l"
LocalIdentifier:	"NothingSetup"
TagLineFormat:		"From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:		25
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:		Class2.0	# use class 2.0 interface
ModemRate:		38400		# DCE-DTE communication rate
ModemFlowControl:	rtscts		# XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#
ModemNoFlowCmd:		AT&H0&I0&R1	# setup modem for no flow control
ModemHardFlowCmd:	AT&H1&I0&R2	# setup modem for hardware flow
control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:	AT&H2&I2&R1	# setup modem for software flow
control
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:	ATS13=1&D2	# setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:	AT&C1		# setup so DCD reflects carrier (or
not)
ModemResultCodesCmd:	ATQ0X4		# enable extended result codes
#
# NB: adaptive answer only seems to work properly when
#     the modem is left idling in Class 2.0
#
ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=1
#
# Set modem speaker volume commands: OFF QUIET LOW MEDIUM HIGH.
# Note that we both turn the speaker on/off and set volume.
#
ModemSetVolumeCmd:	"ATM0 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1"
#
# Modem does not support HDLC frame tracing; we add this just
# to eliminate spurious ERROR results that confuse the naive.
#
Class2BUGCmd:		AT+FBU=0
#
# The modem doesn't support copy quality checking, even though it
# returns (0-2,0-2) for AT+FCQ=?; therefore we override the query
# response so that the server will do copy quality checking.
#
Class2CQQueryCmd:	!(0),(0)	# override modem response
#
# Disables the reporting of bad frames by the modem.  This
# overcomes a firmware problem in the x2 and V90 Sportsters.
# It is not necessary for the Courier modem.
#
Class2NRCmd:    AT+FNR=1,1,1,0
#
# USR modems violate Class 2.0 specs and do not send RTC itself
#
Class2SendRTC:	yes
#
# +FAP=? not supported on this modem, gives ERROR in ServerTracing
#
Class2APQueryCmd:       none
! $Id: dialrules,v 1.7 1996/06/24 02:59:32 sam Rel $
!
! HylaFAX (tm) Dialing String Processing Rules.
!
! This file describes how to process user-specified dialing strings
! to create two items:
!
! CanonicalNumber: a unique string that is derived from all dialing
! strings to the same destination phone number.  This string is used
! by the fax server for ``naming'' the destination.
!
! DialString: the string passed to the modem for use in dialing the
! telephone.  This string should be void of any characters that might
! confuse the modem.
!
Area=${AreaCode}		! local area code
Country=${CountryCode}		! local country code
IDPrefix=${InternationalPrefix}	! prefix for placing an international call
LDPrefix=${LongDistancePrefix}	! prefix for placing a long distance call
!
WS=" 	"			! our notion of white space
!
! Convert a phone number to a canonical format:
!
!
! by (possibly) stripping off leading dialing prefixes for
! long distance and/or international dialing.
!
CanonicalNumber := [
#.*			=			! strip calling card stuff
[abcABC]		= 2			! these convert alpha to
numbers
[defDEF]		= 3
[ghiGHI]		= 4
[jklJKL]		= 5
[mnoMNO]		= 6
[prsPRS]		= 7
[tuvTUV]		= 8
[wxyWXY]		= 9
[^+0-9]+		=			! strip white space etc.
^${IDPrefix}		= +			! replace int. dialing code
^${LDPrefix}		= +${Country}		! replace l.d. dialing code
^[^+]			= +${Country}${Area}&	! otherwise, insert canon
form
]
!
! Process a dialing string according to local requirements.
! These rules do only one transformation: they convert in-country
! international calls to long-distance calls.
!
DialString := [
[-${WS}.]+		=			! strip syntactic sugar
[abcABC]		= 2			! these convert alpha to
numbers
[defDEF]		= 3
[ghiGHI]		= 4
[jklJKL]		= 5
[mnoMNO]		= 6
[prsPRS]		= 7
[tuvTUV]		= 8
[wxyWXY]		= 9
^[+]${Country}		= ${LDPrefix}		! long distance call
^[+]			= ${IDPrefix}		! international call
^1			=			! remove leading 1
^585			=			! remove 585 area code
^716			=			! remove 716 area code
^[0-9]{7}$		= 9,&			! add 9 to all numbers 7
digits long
^[0-9]{10}$		= 9,1&			! add 9 and 1 to all numbers
10 digits long
]