Re: [hylafax-users] FW: Multiple PCI modems?

On 2002.07.19 08:22 Andrew Chan wrote:
> I think your math is correct. So 11 days it shall be... :-)
>
> Actually, the CHEAP system I am thinking of will consist of 6 PCI modems
> + 2
> external serial modems + (may be) a couple of USB modems.

Wait.  You CAN'T do this.  Once you stick a Linmodem in your system you
CANNOT add any other modem because the Linmodem driver corrupts the
behavior of the serial driver.  This may not apply to USB modems, but it
does apply to external serial modems.

AND... having read this thread... sooner or later your client is going to
have to do this thing right.  And, the right way is to use a multiport
modem (MultiTech ISI, Comtrol RocketModem, Equinox) or to go digital (T1
and something like the Eicon Diva Server).  If you went with something
that supported Super G3 faxing (V.34) then you would save some serious
time in faxing to that number of destinations.