Re: [hylafax-users] Multiple PCI modems?

IMHO - Don't mess with "cheap" modems.  You'll save yourself a lot of
headaches if you go with a good hardware controlled modem like a USR
(3com) that supports Class 2 faxing.  It's taken me several weeks to get
my Connexant HCF modem to work correctly.  Then I bought a USR and it
took about 10 minutes to get it to work correctly.

If you're set on using several Ambients, you might try hacking the
driver code.
 http://developer.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers/r-333-5.htm

-Eric