Re: [hylafax-users] Modems with Caller ID support

On 2002.07.15 09:01 Mike Edwards wrote:
> Any suggestions on what modem to use for Caller ID reporting? The only
> one I've managed to find from our extensive selection here in the office
> is the USR Courier I-modem, and that doesn't prefix the incoming number
> with anything - I can either have the number immediately after the
> 'RING', or on a line on it's own. I don't seem to be able to prefix with
> "CID=" or any other string of my choice, so I can't make Hylafax 'find'
> the number. If I put it on the same line as the 'RING', it doesn't like
> receiving and faxgetty returns to the prompt.

HylaFAX CVS now works with RING being on the same line as the Caller ID
information.  This can be fixed by upgrading to CVS.

> I've seen recommendations (I think from Lee) for the Multitech 5634ZBA
> modem, but their web site only refers to 'US Caller ID' and I'm in the
> UK, so short of buying one just to see if it works, I don't know if it
> will be suitable.

I've been recommending the MT5634ZBA-V92 and MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92.  There are
many 5634ZBA models, and I am only recommending those two specific models.