Re: [hylafax-users] Passing CID Name and Number to external scripts and other Callerid questions

On 2002.07.13 23:41 jim@svgim.com wrote:
> I want to receive faxes on my distinctive ring number, but also log all
> other calls. I understand how to configure answering with distinctive
> ring
> (RingFax). How can I also log all callerid information. Ideally I'd like
> run faxrcvd for all incoming calls, I could then update  a DB with
> callerid
> history. Any way to pick up the number of rings before a call terminates
> ?

You can't really use faxrcvd like this without making a mess.

But, you need to enable CID on your modem and line, and then set
QualifyCID in your etc/config file.  Then, take a look at the system
FaxGetty logs to see if CID information shows up there... if not you'll
need to turn up the ServerTracing logging until you do.

You could then use a separate, cron-run job to parse the system logs to
produce your database inserts.