Re: [hylafax-users] How about subaddressing?

At 02:37 PM 11/21/01 +0100, Sven Hummel wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for a solution to route incoming
>faxes. But no user (faxmaster) should route it.
>Solutions:
>   OCR)  How many selfdesignd faxcover will it give?
>         Who has a working solution under Linux?
>
>   subaddressing) I read in the Internet something about
>         subaddressing, where after the telefonnumber a
>         extra number following e.g. 012345#3456
>                                            subaddress
>         I know since hylafax 4.0 should be a little
>         (untested) support for it.
>          Can anybody tell me more about it (Internet-adresses)?
>          Has anybody running such a solution?
>
>   unknown) No Idea.

I've got a working subaddressing configuration going with HylaFAX.  It
works with Class 1, Class 2.1, and any Class 2/2.0 modem that supports the
SUB frame.  As far as I'm aware, HylaFAX has supported it (although
silently) for quite some time now.

faxrcvd isn't ideally designed to route by it (yet), but it's an easy
alteration to make by hand.  If you're still interested, let me know.  I'm
not sure how many fax senders out there actually are capable of sending SUB
frames, though.  I've used fax machines forever, and only recently did it
dawn on me what subaddressing could do.