Re: [hylafax-users] Input overruns

On 2002.07.10 17:08 Erick Thompson wrote:

> I ordered a new modem and installed it this afternoon. The modem is a
> MT5634ZPX ISA. The modem is setup to run COM2 on IRQ3 (the same setting
> as
> the previous modem).

COM2, eh?  Running WinDoS?  Not ttyS1?  ;-)

> After installation, I started to get "TTYS: x: input
> overrun(s)" on the console. X could be between 1 and 300. When I send a
> fax,
> I get a number of these messages. However, the test faxes that I have
> tried
> are sent without any problems. Should I ignore these messages?

This usually happens when there are IRQ conflicts or there is
mis-configured hardware.  Check to make sure that you do not have a ttyS3
(COM4) enabled either on the motherboard or by another serial device.  You
don't want anything else using IRQ3.

If that's not it, then the new modem may be misconfigured somehow.

HOWEVER, I have seen this error happen (occasionally, not on every fax)
with perfectly configured and functional hardware, and normally ignoring
it is just fine, and the modem continues to function just fine.