Re: [hylafax-users] MPS EOP and +FTS

On 2002.07.04 08:55 Pedro Rocadas wrote:

> 1) What could cause that the first attempt failled
> after changed the AT+FTS values but worked in the
> second?

A ten millisecond variation would be enough variance.  So, if for some
reason the sender or receiver delayed some response or action by a mere
ten milliseconds... that could do it.  Also, if the image varied at all,
that could do it.

> 2) More strange, why the baud decreases? The costumer
> his having problems with the line? He send facsimiles
> to us without problems.

Generally speaking it's because the remote sends RTN or requests
retraining because of poor copy quality or communication clarity.

> 3) I can define AT+FTS values in etc/destctrls? Or
> changing values in the config.ttyXX files don't mess
> with the good fax machines?

You can define any modem-configured parameter in DestControls if you find
that you need some setting to satisfy some recipients which will break
communication with others.

> Thanks in advance for any explanation.

When having MPS/EOP response failures, generally you can expect the
problem (in Class 1) to be with Class1*WaitCmd or Class1SendMsgDelay.  In
Class 2/2.x these errors (if the modem is configured properly) generally
indicate that the session parameters are negotiated improperly (i.e.,
2D-MR Uncompressed) or that there is some other kind of firmware problem.