Re: [hylafax-users] modem us robotics 56k message

Hi Giulio

I have a USR 56 k Message Modem and it works fine.

From the standard file that was created by faxaddmodem I
had to adjust the flow control to RTSCTS and set the baud
rate to 115200. Although just commenting out the default
baud rate seemed to do the trick as well.

ModemType:              Class2.0        # use this to supply a hint
ModemRate:              115200          # max rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:       RTSCTS          # hardware flow control
#ModemFlowControl:      xonxoff         # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#ModemSetupDTRCmd:      AT&D2           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
#ModemSetupDCDCmd:      AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier (or
not)

Anyway this might not be the problem, did you check if the faxgetty process
is
actually running?

# ps -A | grep fax
  467 ?        00:00:00 faxq
  473 ?        00:00:00 hfaxd
  597 ?        00:00:00 faxgetty

Sorry this might be a naive question, but I'm still pretty new to all this
linux stuff and I still think of the obvious first :-)

Holger