Re: [hylafax-users] Printing to fax

Pedro,

Thank you for your help.

In KDE 'K Send Fax' this is set up as root, but the /etc/printcap is a problem. Having set up completely I get a box pop up:-

/etc/printcap successfully made.
klprfax LPD spool directory could'nt be made:--(.
This won't work, please make spool directory by hand.

I therefore:-
mkdir /var/spool/klprfax/LPD
mkdir /var/spoo;/lpd/klprfax
  Still no success, What have I done wrong?

With StarOffice I followed your mail archive instructions and it now flashes (just visibly at speed) a printer box when printing to 'apple laserwriter 16/600 PS fax, but no fax.

In the email thread it refers to linking 'apple laserwriter 16/600 PS fax' to 'fax_queue=(FAX)', but I cannot find the later as a file. Should I make a file and if so in which directory should it reside?

Sorry to be a pest|

Malcolm Candlish.