Re: [hylafax-users] Printing to fax

--- Malcolm Candlish <bm@candlish.uklinux.net> wrote:
> Sirs,
>
> Rather than send a fax from the command line, I wish
> to print it directly from my word processor.
> However, when I use Star Office or Kword, in the
> print drop done box there is no mention of 'HylaFAX.

True, in StarOffice you must setup a "printer" for
that.

> I have searched for details in the 'man pages' the
> 'HowTo' and 'FAQ', but I must have missed it. Could
> someone please point me in the right direction.

Well, is not covered and is not intended(?). The right
direction is search in the mailling list because the
integration with StarOffice is explained in a post
there.

> I am using HylaFAX 4.1 on Mandrake 8.2 and can use
> 'sendfax' from the command line, if the file is in
> the appropriate tiff format.

If you call sendfax and work your system is well
configured. With Mandrake 8.2 I suppose that KDE 3.0
is uncluded so, you can use the fax tool there, wich
can be called from any app in KDE desktop.