Re: [hylafax-users] problems with the faxrcvd? or am I toooo stup id ;-) (update)

On 2002.05.28 04:34 Carsten Beutenmüller wrote:
> hi (the 3rd *g*)
>
> There are indeed missing some parameters. At the automatic faxrcvd call
> are
> missing two parameters:
> ----8<----
> FaxGetty[2009]: RECV FAX: bin/faxrcvd "recvq/fax00007.tif" "ttyI2"
> "00000007" ""
> ----8<----
>
> I've attached manually the missing two parameters, so the call look like
> this
> ----8<----
> bin/faxrcvd "recvq/fax00007.tif" "ttyI2" "00000007" "" "" ""
> ----8<----
>
> everything went fine, but as I said already it doesn't work automaticaly.

This happens because you're somehow running faxgetty from pre-4.1.1 days
but are using faxrcvd from post-4.1.1 days.  Did you do a tarball
installation one time and an RPM installation another?

> Further I recieve 2 mails for each recieved fax. One with the fax
> attached
> and an second notify about recieving a fax. Where can I turn off the
> second
> notify?

The two e-mails arrive because you did not set "SENDTO=FaxMaster".  The
system will avoid sending the notification without the attachment only if
"SENDTO=FaxMaster".  faxrcvd doesn't parse aliases to know if the
particular SENDTO value matches a FaxMaster alias.