[hylafax-users] HylaFAX on Windows servers

Has anyone successfully run HylaFAX server on a Windows server (NT, Win2K,
XP, etc)?

I've searched the archives and found occasional chat about this, but it
isn't clear if anyone has ever actually done it. The options seem to be:

1) Build with Cygwin/GCC

2) Run under Microsoft's Windows Services for Unix (formerly Interix), which
provides a *nix/Posix run-time environment

3) Actually port the code to Win32. Shouldn't be too hard I suppose, but
what I'm not sure of is

4) Run actual Linux under Windows, eg. using something like VMWare

Be grateful for any comments and/or experiences.

I've been looking everywhere for a free, decent fax server for Win32,
ideally with source code (as I want to integrate it with the free XMail mail
server and maybe add voice messaging too). SO far HylaFAX seems to be the
one that people talk most highly about, but of course its non-Windows on the
server side.

If the above options aren't considered feasible, then I'd also be grateful
to pointers to any equivalent Windows projects that anyone knows about...

Cheers,
SK