Re: [hylafax-users] Inquiries about some features....

Christian Tardif wrote:
> Hi you all,
>
> I'm brand new to Hylafax, and I've searched thru mailing lists, man
> pages, and HTML documentation to find out by myself, but I could not
> find my way, so I'm calling for a little help.
>
> I'd like to know two things:
>
> 1) I'm pretty sure there is embedded codes support (like Rightfax does)
> within Hylafax, but I would need to get the complete list of these. My
> goal is to install a fax server at the office to run concurrently with
> my other two Rightfax servers, and I need to figure out wether or not I
> can do it (my servers are faxing documents produced by automated
> services, which prints postscript documents). What I need exactly is the
> ability (on the server) to recognise some codes from within the
> postscript document like fax, phone, from, to, and maybe some more, if
> possible..
>
> 2) We have a function called grouped faxing. The exact situation is that
> an already working system uses the --BREAK-- function of Rightfax to
> split one print out in as many faxes as --BREAK-- functions appears. For
> example, I may send information to many dealers for a single reservation
> file. The automated system will try to fax all the information on a
> single printout. I need, then, to be able to parse the postscript (or
> PCL) document, and break it into pieces....

I found some information that may help somebody to help me.  In the
faxcover documentation, I found something called symbols that is exactly
what I need, at the end of the process.

Symbol                  Description
------                  -----------
to                      destination person
from                    sending person
to-company              destination company
from-company            sender's company
to-location             destination geographic location
from-location           sender geographic location
to-voice-number         person's voice phone number
from-voice-number       sender's voice phone number
to-fax-number           destination fax phone number
from-fax-number         sender's fax phone number
comments                unbroken comment string
commentsX               X'th line of comments
regarding               Re: subject
CommentX                similar to commentsX
pageWidth               page width in millimeters
page-count              pages other than cover page
pageLength              page length in millimeters
todays-date             current date and time

At the other side (during printing process), I also found that there is,
within the documentation about faxing from SAMBA, a single feature which
allows to send the fax number: Fax-Nr : 012-345-6789.  This is a
beginning. But the fact is that I would need to be able to send the rest
of information (to, from,....)  Is there any way to handle that ?  If
not from a current distro, can this be done easily ?

And for breaking fax into multiple pieces, I didn<t find anything.

Christian Tardif
Voyages Intair Transit Inc.
ctardif-hylafax@atlas.travelcom.com