Re: [hylafax-users] Some TIFF's have bad pages

Dustin,

> On 2002.04.21 22:30 Dustin Puryear wrote:
> > Very rarely (I would say less than 1%) we have a TIFF delivered
by
> > Hylafax that isn't quite right. Even though this rarely happens,
one
> > time is one time too many, as this is a business environment
that lives
> > by faxes (and a high volume of them at that), so a lost fax is
BAD.

This is a Kodak issue. The Kodak Libraries can't read all
compression types.
Please add this to config.<device>:

RecvDataFormat:	"1-D MR"

OR

RecvDataFormat:	"2-D MMR"
(this will create smaller files)

See 'man config' for further hints.
Don't forget to restart HylaFAX and faxgetty.

AFAIK, HylaFAX is using an adaptive setting, so you may or may not
see a page/a complete fax, depending on negotiation by
sender/receiver.

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 · D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 · Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com · http://www.urania.com