[hylafax-users] Solution WHFC Windows2000/XP

Hello there,

I could not find a forum to post my information, but wanted to share so other users can use it.

I found a solution for the problem that Windows 2000 and XP do not automatically startup the client of WHFC when printing to the Postscript Hylafax printerdriver.

I bascically use the Networkfax "Hylafax" only from Ms Word. Ms Word supports the writing of macros. So I wrote the following MAcro:

Sub Netwerk_Fax()
'
' Netwerk_Fax Macro
' Netwerk_Fax
'
    Dim stAppName As String
    stAppName = "C:\...path to... \whfc.exe"
    Call Shell (stAppName, 1)
    ActivePrinter = "Netwerk fax"
    Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintAllDocument, Item:= _
        wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="", PageType:=wdPrintAllPages, _
        Collate:=True, Background:=True, PrintToFile:=False
End Sub

The line starting with "Dim" and the three lines that follow startup an external application "hylafax in this case" from the MS Word MAcro. This way the client is started and a fax can be send...easy as that...

I hope you can put this somewhere so that people can be helped to automate their work more easily....thanks,

Jochen

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions