Re: [hylafax-users] Modem answers on the first ring

Ummm....I got confused here.....My main aim is for the
fax server to answer the call after 5 rings, so that
if I know it is a voice call, I can pick it up first.

Seems that I got the concept mixed up....

I thought that Hylafax is the one that should answer
after 5 rings?  Or do I disable hylafax from
answering?  If Hylafax is not answering and the
ModemNoAutoAnswerCmd is set so that the modem won't
answer, then none will answer?

Or do I set Hylafax to not answer, and set the modem
to answer after 5 rings?  But what is the main purpose
of RingsBeforeAnswer then?

Currently from what I understand, the modem should
never pick  up the call, unless Hylafax tells it so.
Therefore,  when the modem detects ring(s), it will
pass the ring info to Hylafax.  And hylafax will do
the counting, which I set to 5, so that Hylafax will
instruct the modem to answer the call.

Please feel free to tell me otherwise.  I need
help....