Re: [hylafax-users] AW: Watermark Business Paper

Morning Tom,

will do, mmm, I signed up for the hylafax list but I guess I'm not on it
yet. I cc'd the list so this info will get out there. Here's our rough
draft.

How-To:  Add a template/ image/ watermark to your FAX

Goal:  Fill in electronically an existing hard copy form or add an image or
add a watermark and FAX it using HylaFAX .

Steps:

1.) Install and get HylaFAX working

2.) Scan your printed form

3.) Convert the scanned form to a TIFF, make sure the page size is 8.5" x
11"

4.) Convert the TIFF to a Postscript File

	Use tiff2ps or print to a file using a Postscript printer driver

5.) Append your data (in Postscript form) to the end of the Postscript file
created in step 4.

	Here's a reference on the postscript language.

http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/programming/postscript/postscript.php

	Your data is 'printed' over the image you created in step 4.

	Use whatever programming or scripting language you are comfortable
with to convert
	your data to postscript form.

	We need to add some information on how to hack on the .ps file.

6.) Send the file created in step 5 to HylaFAX

Result:  With a bit of programming and effort you now can add logos, images,
watermarks, templates or whatever to your FAXes.

Thanks again Tom for all your help,
Jim