[hylafax-users] Illegal user name.

Hey All,

I'm a new user of HylaFAX, our buisiness has begin to have a need for a
more robust/simple fax system (well, it's not simple for me ;), and as a
result I have turned to HylaFAX, and a FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE box.

While installing HylaFAX I noticed this:

Flex:~/pkg/hylafax-4.1.1# make install
/usr/local/bin/bash ./port/install.sh -u bin -g bin -m 755  -idb
hylafax.sw.client -dir  /usr/local/bin /usr/local/lib/fax
/usr/local/sbin /usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/bin/bash ./port/install.sh -u bin -g bin -m 755  -idb
hylafax.sw.server -dir /usr/local/sbin;
/usr/local/bin/bash ./port/install.sh -u uucp -g dialer -m 755  -idb
hylafax.sw.server -dir /var/spool/hylafax
chown: uucp: illegal user name
/usr/local/bin/bash ./port/install.sh -u uucp -g dialer -m 755  -idb
hylafax.sw.server -dir  -F /var/spool/hylafax bin client config dev etc
info log recvq status
chown: uucp: illegal user name
chown: uucp: illegal user name
chown: uucp: illegal user name
chown: uucp: illegal user name
chown: uucp: illegal user name
chown: uucp: illegal user name
chown: uucp: illegal user name

<snip>

gcc: ../port/libport.a: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/pkg/hylafax-4.1.1/util.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/pkg/hylafax-4.1.1/util.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/pkg/hylafax-4.1.1.

Suffice as to say I'm puzzled. I installed it from the freebsd ports
before, and managed to get it answering the line, receiving faxes and
forwarding them on to an email address, however, I couldn't get the
server to work (nomatter what I did with the hosts file I kept getting
user/pass errors, or permission errors, or unable to find file at
location /foo/bar (even when the file clearly existed and hadthe correct
permissions/users etc.. Or so I think).

So, I deinstalled it using ports and attempted to install from source
manually... And this is where I am stuck..

I think I might have screwed it further than it was before.. But I have
a feeling the uucp errors have something to do with it all (I noticed in
the ports install there was a user uucp and a user fax both with the
same UID).

Any help you guys can give me would be very much appreciated, and I'd be
willing to give someone access to the box to try and debug it without
having to ask me 5000 questions before deciding you've gone down the
wrong avenue of questioning ;)

Thanks!

John McGarrigle
IC5 Networks