Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax & AccelePort RAS 8

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 12:39:45PM -0300, Alex S. Pereira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a server with Red Hat 7.2 and Hylafax 4.1.1, I am testing a
> multimodem card from DIGI called AccelePort RAS 8, I guess that is a good
> card, the percentual of failure that was 40% with USRobotics modem, now is
> 4,8% with this multimodem card, I am just having one problem, some incoming
> faxes miss some horizontal lines, the transmission is OK but the printed
> faxes miss some horizontal lines, in some case the first page is OK and the
> others is wrong, my config is :

> ModemType: Class2.0 # use this to supply a hint

Everyone chime in with Lee... Have you tried Class 1 yet?

4.8% failure doesn't sound *too* bad.

Are your phone lines noisy?  Are you running through a PBX?

Is the missing line due to transmission problems or printer/conversion problems?For example, do you see the same problems if you view the received TIFF
directly rather than print it out?

-joe
--
     Innovation Software Group, LLC - http://www.innovationsw.com