Re: [hylafax-users] I have a working Diamond Supra Express 56K, model sup2730...

On 2002.04.01 14:36 Bob Davis wrote:
> setup. It does have working class 2 fax features, communicates with no
> errors via hardware flow at 115200 rate

115200?  I've never seen an appropriate setting beyond 38400, and 19200 is
default.  I don't think that there will be any perfomance increase with
this change.

> , and has been demonstrated to
> work
> properly for send and recieve duties for an extended period.
>
> This inexpensive modem was mainly hampered by default settings that
> failed to
> fully utilize its fax capabilities. The manufacturer has also failed to
> support the modem, passing this duty along to a lame contracter.
>
> At any rate, once the details were fixed in hylafax setup, it has been
> excellent. I am ready to contrubute this setup to a suitable conduit for
> dissemination of the information.
>
> It is identifiable via these ID strings
>
>   AT+FMFR?
>   DIAMOND MULTIMEDIA
>
>   OK
>   AT+FMDL?
>   V90
>
> The model number is sup2730; it is an external serial modem, currently
> selling for circa $20 at places like, say, computer nerd.

As always, please send config files and probemodem output to
hylafax-devel@hylafax.org ... or just me, and I will take care of it.