[hylafax-users] I have a working Diamond Supra Express 56K, model sup2730...

setup. It does have working class 2 fax features, communicates with no
errors via hardware flow at 115200 rate, and has been demonstrated to work
properly for send and recieve duties for an extended period.

This inexpensive modem was mainly hampered by default settings that failed to
fully utilize its fax capabilities. The manufacturer has also failed to
support the modem, passing this duty along to a lame contracter.

At any rate, once the details were fixed in hylafax setup, it has been
excellent. I am ready to contrubute this setup to a suitable conduit for
dissemination of the information.

It is identifiable via these ID strings

  AT+FMFR?
  DIAMOND MULTIMEDIA

  OK
  AT+FMDL?
  V90

The model number is sup2730; it is an external serial modem, currently
selling for circa $20 at places like, say, computer nerd.