[hylafax-users] ksendfax install

For others who may want to go down this track.

Suse 7.1 kernel 2.4.17 kde 2.2.2

In my Office I use the ksendfax front end to the Hylafax fax server. This
combo has served me well. Recently I came across the new version of ksendfax
and was keen to make use of it. It can be found here.

It is also also here,
ftp://ftp.sad.it:/pub/kde/local/bin/Suse7.x/

After installing the rpm I came across this >
/opt/kde2/bin/ksendfax: error while loading shared libraries: libptal.so.0:

Google provided a lead with references to libtal.so.O on the Suse german
list. Not being able to read German I could just discern is location.
It can be found in the /ap2 packages under Suse 7.3. on the Suse ftp site. It
is in the hp-officejet-rpm.

Once this rpm was installed, ksendfax 2.0.0 started ok. It has a new set up
menu and looks impressive.

Brian Marr