[hylafax-users] grid of dots in fax output

Hi All,

I am using  sendfax with postscript files as input.  Fax transmits ok.
on the remote copy, there is a grid of equally spaced dots (maybe 5 per inch).
They are present only in the area taken by the original image, not in the
header line inserted via %%P %%T etc.  If I use -m for fine mode,  the dots
then reduce their spacing to produce an effect that looks almost like half
or quarter tone shading.

My original file is from JPEG mime section in mail message.  I use jpeg2ps
to produce the image for hylafax .

When I send a text file i.e sendfax -d999-9999 /var/tmp/myfile, the area
behind the text at the remote is free of dots and the background is completely
white.

I am not currently a list subscriber.  Could someone be so kind as to
correspond with me directly regarding this?

Thanks y'all,
-steve-