Re: [hylafax-users] Cutting Long Faxes To Pages

On 2002.02.26 21:37 Chris Parsons wrote:
> I am unable to find a way to cut long faxes received into pages. By
> printing
> using the faxrcvd script, I get faxes that fit upto 4-5 fax pages all
> printed onto the one A4 page. What is the best way to paginate long
> pages?

This is the intended behavior of tiff2ps: resize the image to fit onto the
page.

John Williams posted a patch on
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/1999-08/msg00228.php to allow image
cutting and page-length specification, but this patch conflicts with
libtiff-3.5.7 because the behavior explained above was implemented after
John created the patch.

By replacing tiff2ps from 3.4.x into 3.5.7, you're undoing a number of
other fixes that should be used.  Anyway, my recommendation would be to
find something other than tiff2ps to prepare your pages.