From: hylafax-users-bounce@hylafax.org
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@hylafax.org]On Behalf Of Alex S. Pereira
Sent: Friday, 22 March 2002 3:29 AM
To: Lista Hylafax
Subject: [hylafax-users] Problem printing large faxes

Hi Guys,

My server is a Red Hat 7.2 with Hylafax 4.1.1, all faxes received are
printed using the following
command into faxrcvd script :

tiff2ps -a -h 11,80 -w 8,27 $1 | lpr -P impcaf02

The problem is when the sender fax me a multiple page fax and same times,
all pages are printed into one page, the image is compressed to fit into one
A4 page, I believe that, the sender supply the pages for their fax machine
without interval between pages and the fax machine fax me as one large
image, so the tiff2ps don't split the image, I have seen in the list that I
can use the options -H and -L, but when I try the command for example :

root@lnxcaf01 recvq]# tiff2ps -a h11,80 -w8,27 -H14 -L0,5 fax06954.tif
|lpr -P impcaf02
tiff2ps: invalid option -- H
usage: tiff2ps [options] input.tif ...
where options are:
 -1            generate PostScript Level I (default)
 -2            generate PostScript Level II
 -8            disable use of ASCII85 encoding with PostScript Level II
 -d #          convert directory number #
 -D            enable duplex printing (two pages per sheet of paper)
 -e            generate Encapsulated PostScript (EPS)
 -h #          assume printed page height is # inches (default 11)
 -o #          convert directory at file offset #
 -O file       write PostScript to file instead of standard output
 -a            convert all directories in file (default is first)
 -p            generate regular PostScript
 -s            generate PostScript for a single image
 -T            print pages for top edge binding
 -w #          assume printed page width is # inches (default 8.5)
 -z            enable printing in the deadzone (only for PostScript Level
II)
impcaf02: nothing to print

Like you can see, my tiff2ps don't have the option -H and -L, what I can do
?

Thanks,

Alex