Re: [hylafax-users] Problem printing large faxes

Hi Alex,

On Thursday, 21. March 2002 17:59, Alex S. Pereira wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> My server is a Red Hat 7.2 with Hylafax 4.1.1, all faxes received are
> printed using the following
> command into faxrcvd script :
>
> tiff2ps -a -h 11,80 -w 8,27 $1 | lpr -P impcaf02

[...]
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

Last time, I've looked into the source, page scaling has only a chance
to work with Level II PS output (IIRC). The funny thing is, I have
some fax images that can be printed/gved/faxed in PS Level I only...

No program I know can handle printing overlong faxes nicely.
Until now, I resisted to solve this problem in my FaxViewer, either.
[It would force me to generate postscript by hand... Right now, I'm
 happy to have that postscript joining solved here. psmerge isn't
 very capable in merging tiff2ps output...]

Cheers,
  Hans-Peter