Re: [hylafax-users] problem sending faxes with 4.1.1

On 2002.03.19 13:46 Facundo wrote:

> I changed the configuration to use xon/xoff flow control and now
> everything is working perfectly. I guess I should tried that before,
> but being able to receive faxes well I did't consider flow control
> an issue.

It just means that your modem's built-in flow control is faulty in sending
mode.  That's not uncommon as far as modem errors go (to have sending fail
while receiving works or vice versa).

I'm approaching an opinion that rtscts should never be used as a default
except in situations where it is known to be faulty.  (In other words, all
of the prototype configs should use xonxoff.)

Does anybody know of any modems which *will not* work properly in XON/XOFF?