Re: [hylafax-users] problem sending faxes with 4.1.1

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 06:03:40PM -0300, Facundo wrote:

> > Have you tried using Class 1?  Are you running HylaFAX 4.1.1?
>
> The faxaddmodem script automatically configures the MT2834ZDX as Class 2
> without asking, and in Class 1 seems to not work at all. I've tried 4.1.0
> and 4.1.1 with equal results.

Yep.  I'm the Multitech cheerleader, and IIRC, I had it pointed out to
me fairly forcibly some time back that the MT's *don't*, in fact, do
class 1, to my annoyance.

> I recently tried the sendfax program that comes with the mgetty+sendfax
> package and it works OK, maybe I can replace the sendfax binary of Hylafax
> with a wrapper script that calls the "other" sendfax with the appropiate
> parameters...

Decidedly unlikely.

*I* think you have a flowcontrol problem.  Have you made any
adjustments to your config.devid file on that front?  (PS: mentioning
your modem model up front would have saved us all all this hassle. :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")