Re: [hylafax-users] FaxDispatch Setup to Email TIF Files

On 2002.03.11 15:01 Bill Glick wrote:

> I have set up Hylafax server on the Red Hat 7.2 distrubution using the
> hylafax-4.1beta3-3 rpm with Metamail installed.
> I am trying to configure FaxDispatch to e-mail tiff files instead of
> postscript.  Here are the various ways I've tried to configure it:
> However, it still sends .ps files to the recipient.  Does anyone know
> what I
> am doing wrong?

As http://www.hylafax.org/howto/delivery.php#ss4.2 states:

"HylaFAX versions prior to 4.1.1 do not support the FILETYPE option in
FaxDispatch, and so the attachments will always be Postscript."

If you want to use FILETYPE you must upgrade to 4.1.1 - or use the
faxrcvd-mail scripts noted there which are:
  http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxrcvd/faxrcvd-mail-pdf
  http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxrcvd/faxrcvd-pdf
  http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxrcvd/faxrcvd-mail-ps
  http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxrcvd/faxrcvd-ps
  http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxrcvd/faxrcvd-mail-tif
  http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxrcvd/faxrcvd-tif

Or you need to hack your faxrcvd script to be similar to the 4.1.1 version.

I recommend that you simply upgrade.

A 4.1.1 RPM binary is available at ftp.hylafax.org