Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with user login

On 2002.03.07 16:02 Luis Rodrigues wrote:
> hi,
> when I do
>
> faxstat -v
> Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
> Connected to EuroServer.
> 220 EuroServer server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.1) ready.
> -> USER luis
> 530 User luis access denied.
> Login failed: 530 User luis access denied.
>
> I get that error. I'm using the package fo hylafax that comes with debian
> so I don't have the command faxadduser, I gess thats the problem but i'm
> not shure. How do I add the user without having the faxadduser command?

edit etc/hosts.hfaxd (/var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd)

Put "127.0.0.1" and "localhost" right up there at the top.  Frankly,
though, if Pavel has hacked at the distribution, I'd recommend
uninstalling the Debian version and installing from source.

> The configuration files talk about the fax user but in my debian box I
> only have faxmaster, are they the same?

There should be a user called "fax" in /etc/passwd after running faxsetup.