Re: [hylafax-users] error while loading shared libraries hylafax-4.1

On 2002.03.07 03:19 "Saltermark, Atle" wrote:
> Hi.
> Have tryed to install the new binary source 4.1.1 of Hylafax.on Suse 7.3
> But after installing I get some trouble when I try to start Hylafax.
>
> /usr/local/sbin/faxq: error while loading shared libraries:
> libfaxserver.so:
> /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libfaxutil.so:
>
> libfaxserver.so and libfaxutil.so are in " /usr/local/lib ".
> I have been using hylafax 4.1 and Suse 7.2  and every thing was working.
> In
> Hylafax 4.1 I can't find libfaxserver.so and libfaxutil.so .
>
> How do I solve this shared libraries with version 4.1.1 ?

RedHat users had been using DSOs for a long time.  4.1.1 was the first
release where the DSO capability was integrated into the source.  If the
.so files are there, then I suspect you need to ensure that in your
/etc/ld.so.conf file there is /usr/local/lib listed.  After altering this
file you have to re-load it, or reboot, or something.  I forget.